Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My Dad emailed me to tell me how much he enjoys the Dutch treats I sent back home. I found it too funny not to add to my blog, though you might have to be Dutch to get a real laugh out of it!


22444.jpg



ah_hagel_55518_puur.jpg



Dear Lydia,

These two Dutch treats are my absolute favorites! They are both beautifully packaged too.
I find it amusing that the Appelstroop usually comes in a can and looks like boat varnish! It also reminds me of the stick shellac I use to melt on to my saxophone pads.
It is concentrated Apple heaven. The Hagel Slag is the cadillac of what we call "Jimmies", which are usually artificial flavored crap. These goodies are real chocolate!

Thanks for sending us some of both in our Dutch goodie bag! Please send more ASAP!!!

I have found some delicious ways to eat these.

1) On peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, open up and sprinkle the Hagel Slag on the jelly side! Amazing crunch and flavor! Makes the ordinary PB&J extraordinary!
2) Take a slice of cheddar cheese, spread the Appelstroop on it, sprinkle some Hagel Slag, then fold in half. It tastes like an amazing chocolate apple strudel!
3) Finally, for a truly decadent experience, sprinkle the Hagel Slag on a small plate. With a butter knife, dip into a tub of fresh organic peanut butter.
Next dip and roll the blob of peanut butter into the sprinkles on the plate. This becomes a self-made peanut butter cup, but much better because you can control everything!
AMAZING DELICIOUS TREATS!!!


Dad
It's nice to hear that my family is also enjoying a bit of my experience :)

I hope to write more updates soon- so much has happened in the past couple of months (both good and bad)! Though I am nearly reaching the half-way point of my year here. Unbelievable! It is going by so fast!!!

No comments: