My family took me to town yesterday and I saw the cool stores. They also showed me the town sex shop and coffee shop, just for fun! Everything is my style, as in: bright colors, modern looking, cute, flowers everywhere. Oh, and there are statues of random ice cream cones all around town. So I have definitely come to the right country.
My family always has the radios on all over the house and the radio stations play fun 80's music. They LOVE Mickeymouse and amusement parks. I am already lined up to go on a lot of rollercoasters this year. Hopefully not too scary!
I tried a lot of Dutch food, like hagelslag (chocolate sprinkles), dutch pancakes, vla (dutch custard), Dutch cheese, some sausage, and much, much more. Dad and Nina: I think you would LOVE the food here. Everyone eats a ton of bread, meat, cheese, eggs, and licorice.
Dit is mijn erste hagelslag! (This is my first hagelslaag, which everyone made fun of me for, because you are supposed to completely cover the bread or toast with it!) She was wondering why I was taking a picture, but it came out good!
I just had to take a break for coffee. They do that everyday about two times. It was strong but I tried it anyway. Okay so what else.... hmm. Well, there are a lot of slugs (slaagen) on the bike paths. And it is illegal to pick the mushrooms. And Harriet wanted me to weigh myself now so I see how much weight I gain. Apparently everyone at school eats about 4 sandwiches for lunch, but I will have to wait and see! Thats all I can think of for now. More to come later! Also, my Dutch is already improving!By the way, Here are all of the people from America on my trip!
Schrijft later!
3 comments:
Lydia!!
It seems like you are having a blast! When do you start school? I love all of your pictures, and I hope to hear from you soon!
love zoe
Hey, Lydia. I loved reading about your initial experiences in the Netherlands. It sounds as if the culture and family are a good fit. I hope you continue to enjoy everything, make lots of new friends and become fluent in the language. I think all of that will happen. We miss your smiling face and long board bruises at the Red House. Stay in touch and take care of yourself. Eat a big ice cream for me!
Love,
Amy
I start school Monday September 1st!
Post a Comment