Sunday, August 24, 2008

Tanno's post

Hi peeps,

Lydia asked me if I would like to post something (which I really liked), so here I'm telling something.

Lydia is really nice. Yesterday, I showed her our neighboorhood, and she quite liked it. She gave me a Japanese Miniature Yakko Kite, and I really liked it. I plan to use it soon! Also, she's probably going to teach me Japanese. I love the thought of that!

I don't have very much more to tell. So this is it.

See you!
Tanno

3 comments:

Gregg said...

Hi Lydia,
We loved talking with you and Grandma Glenna this morning. It is surprising how clear everyone's voice seemed to be! Next on my to do list is to find my two recipes that I make and send them to you. Very good that you want to make some "American" food for your host family!
Talk again real soon. Also, let's write some real mail soon.
Love,
Dad

Gregg said...

Grandma's Turkey Recipe (although I bet you could substitute any kind of meat):

TURKEY TETRAZZINI

6 oz. spaghetti, cooked

1/4 c. butter

1/2 c. flour

2 2/3 c. chicken broth

1 c. cream

1/4 c. sherry

1 tsp. salt

Pepper to taste

1/2 lb. mushrooms

1/2 c. chopped green peppers

1 c. grated Parmesan cheese

In large pot, melt butter; add flour and whisk. Add wine, cream, seasonings, cheese, turkey, mushrooms and green peppers. Place cooked spaghetti in bottom of baking dish and top with tetrazzini mixture. Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.

Love,
Dad

Anonymous said...

Lydia, I loved your blog. Your pictures and descriptions mead me feel like I was peeking over your shoulder. Your host family and their home looks great.
Tsimis recipe:
2 lbs carrots, sliced
1 cup onions chopped
1 sweet potato (or white) sliced
Boil above in water until almost soft (10minutes or more)
Put in baking pan add about 20 pitted prunes, 1 cup orange juice, 1/2 cup brown sugar.
Bake 1 hour at 350.
Love
Grandma Glenna